Anonymous asked: Do you think when a gURL is recieving sex anally that it is her being submissive?
I don’t think sexual acts and roles are easily categorizable. Submission implies some sort of power play, but not every act of anal intercourse is power play and not every power play involves penetration. Even if two people engage in anal intercourse, the role of the dominant and the submissive are not determined by who gets penetrated by whom. Every hear of the term “power bottom”? Google it.
| Hey Smarty Pants, Have you taken our quiz on Anal Sex? Yea, take it! |
Sexuality is diverse, and occupying a certain role (being a top/bottom/flexible) on one night with one partner doesn’t mean that you occupy that exact same role every time you have sex, even if the specific sexual act is the same. A lot of the psychological aspects of sex (including dominance) vary depending on the partners and situation, and of course, good sex is based on mutual trust, respect, and consent, regardless of who’s calling the shots in bed.
More burning questions? Ask me! Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
P.S. Do you feel like it’s being submissive?
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!