Meghan McCain, Senator John’s politically active progressive Republican daughter, spent last night on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno where, amongst many other incite-ful (maybe insightful — you can tell us what you think) things about Sarah Palin, let it loose on her daughter, teen mom, Bristol. “I guess it’s only important for Bristol Palin to vote for Dancing With the Stars,” she says. “I think a lot of women worked really hard to give us the right to vote. Anyone that doesn’t vote is just ridiculous.”
| Discuss politics, current events, feminism and news on the Shout Out Boards! |
Wait, did she just insult everyone who didn’t vote? Do you think there are good, justifiable reasons for not voting? Is it anti-feminist to not vote? An insult to the women before us who fought so hard for our right to have a say? Do you think she was just talking in incendiary sound bytes?
Sound off below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!