We’re sharing first period stories. You know, that special time in a woman’s life, the one you’ve waited for so long, the one that is often filled with embarrassment and awkwardness. (Don’t worry, it gets better.) Want your first period story shared? Email us at email@example.com!
This gURL editor was so freaked out, she couldn’t even talk about it!
I remember so vividly the day I got my first period. It was just a few weeks before my 13th birthday and I was in school. I ran into my friend’s classroom, who had already gotten her period, crying and scared and asking her to help me. She gave me a pad, showed me how to open it and how to stick it on my underwear. I was so emotional – and really uncomfortable – the rest of the day. People coming up and congratulating me didn’t exactly help matters.
And how did I tell my mom? I was too embarrassed to mention it face-to-face, so I gave her a hand-written note explaining what had happened. She approached me about it later that day and asked me if I was ok, and I, yet again, started bawling like a baby. Guess PMS is a real thing…
Do you have crazy PMS? Share your worst PMS stories below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!