Teen Mom? 16&Pregnant? Try not even reaching your teens! Maybe, say, 10? That is exactly what happened to a 10-year-old girl in Spain. AOL News is reporting that the young girl gave birth last week to a healthy baby. According to the article, this isn’t too rare in the grandmother’s native country, Romania. “The daily Diario de Jerez quoted medical staffers who treated the girl as saying they were told by her mother that giving birth at such a young age is common in their country.”
| Get the real deal on being a pregnant teen from Felicia, of MTV’s 16&pregnant. |
But in Spain, it’s rare, and the government is reluctant to let a 10-year old girl be a mother and wants to take the kid into custody. Do you think the country should intervene? Is a 10 year old fit to be a mother?
Share your thoughts below.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!