How can tell you if you have lost your virginity? A few months ago I was with my boyfriend kissing on his bed and we were both wearing loose shorts and it felt wet and nice and I could feel him close to me. Afterwards I felt bad because I didn’t plan on losing my virginity so early, but still don’t know if we did have sex or not even though my boyfriend says we did. Am I still a virgin?
Virginity means many things for many gURLs — some consider themselves virgins until they have experienced sexual intercourse and/or penile penetration, whereas others think having oral sex means you’re not a virgin. And, as Lena, our sex expert, has told us, virginity is pretty arbitrary, anyway. But from what you are describing to me here, you are definitely still a virgin.
If you and your boyfriend were wearing clothes while you were kissing, his penis did not enter your vagina, in which case you did not have sex. You could have potentially engaged in dry humping (which in your case, wasn’t so dry), but even doing that would still make you a virgin.
That wetness that you describe feeling is probably your boyfriend ejaculating near your vagina, but not inside it. Plus, you probably felt your own wetness, which occurs naturally when you’re aroused. I would not recommend that he orgasm anywhere near your vagina though in the future.
Consider yourself a virgin until he ejaculates inside of you. But if you’re not ready for that, which it seems like you may not be (and that’s OK!), stick to what you two are doing now — you said it feels good, so keep at it and have fun!
oh and, do you think she’s still a virgin, too? tell us how you define virginity, below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!