I really like this guy. We were friends for two years then went out for two months but now we are just friends again. I’m only 13 and he is 14, but I like him a lot. He has had sex three times already, and we’ve talked about having sex but I don’t know if I’m ready or if my body is ready. Should I wait? How do I know if I am ready?
If you’re wondering whether you’re ready to have sex with him, then you aren’t. It’s as easy as that. If you knew you were ready, you wouldn’t waste your time asking me because you wouldn’t care — and because you would just kinda know.
Do you really want to lose your virginity to a guy you once dated but are now “just friends” with? Wouldn’t you rather lose it to a guy who you’re head-over-heels for, and who’s head-over-heels for you? At 13, you’re young and you have a lot of living and loving ahead of you. Don’t jump into bed with the first guy who wants to have sex with you just because you can.
I’m not a doctor so I can’t tell you whether you’re body’s ready for sex or not, but I can tell you for certain that you aren’t ready on an emotional level.
send in your questions for heather to firstname.lastname@example.org. oh, and how can you tell whether you’re ready for sex? share below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!