I have I guess a weird question. Is it true that depending on what you eat/drink it can make your vagina fluids taste different and smell different?
I heard that if you drink pineapple, grapefruit juice and/or water and if you eat fruits/veg (eg. pineapple, watermelon, strawberries etc…) it can make you taste sweeter and smell good (as well as good hygiene).
Fast food, meats, garlic, tomatoes etc.. can have a sour taste and a horrible smell.
Also, is it the same for guys too so that their semen doesn’t taste salty?
The pineapple juice story is one that has been passed around locker rooms for generations. Out of all the stuff you’ve heard in there, this one is actually true.
Everything you put into your body has an effect on it. And your vagina has a very delicate pH balance, so simple changes in diet actually do (slightly) change the way your fluids taste.
We’re not saying that if you drink pineapple juice you will suddenly taste like a ripe pineapple…and only a ripe pineapple. Far from it. Instead, you may find your secretions are a little bit sweeter and pleasant smelling, but it still will have the same basic makeup as the vaginal fluid of someone who eats fast food or smokes cigarettes (both things that are not good for having tasty fluid).
The same applies for guys. Pineapple juice (and other citrus juices), most fruits and some vegetables will give him sweeter semen. Avoid cigarettes, coffee, fast food and asparagus, because these are known to make spunk potent – in a bad way. But, like it or not, semen will always be salty. It can’t help itself.
Read more about your fluids here!
send in your questions for heather to firstname.lastname@example.org. oh and have you noticed that you are what you eat? let us know below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!