I am 16 now and have been going out with this boy for two years now. He says he’s ready for sex and asked if I was. I said yes and I feel I am ready, but there’s just one problem: I don’t know how much pubic hair I should shave off. I normally shave off everything, but I don’t know if that’s what boys like.
It doesn’t really matter what he likes. What matters is what you like. If you like to shave, do it. If you don’t feel like it, don’t. You said you usually shave everything off right now, so if you’re most comfortable going completely bare, make sure you’re doing it right. Your hair down there is a lot coarser than the hair on, say, your legs.
Read more about depilatories, men’s razors, and what to do about ingrown pubic hair (ouch!) here.
And one more thing, gURL… you said you think you’re ready for sex, but wait until you know you’re ready. There’s never any harm in waiting.
send in your questions for heather to firstname.lastname@example.org. oh, and what do you do with the hair down there? share below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!