Even when you’ve engaged in sexual intercourse, the mysteries of it are aplenty! Here are 5 fascinating facts to get your mind abuzz with the not-so-simple act of sex:
1. Men produce more sperm when they look at other men. Seriously! Studies show that men watching threesomes (two dudes and 1 girl) produced more sperm than guys who just watched a girl. They think it has something to do with natural competitiveness and survival of the fittest.
2. Sperm is good for the skin. It has proteins that help keep your peau tighter. But there are lots of other proteins that do that too, so you don’t need to go out and get yourself any sperm.
3. Condoms were originally made of animal intestines. Crazy, right? And some in Europe were made with linen soaked in chemicals and then tied on with a ribbon.
4. The average size of an erect penis is 5 inches, and the average flaccid penis measures about 3 inches.
5. There’s nothing new about Birth Control. Historical records show that even in 1850 B.C., women attempted to practice birth control. The most common method was a mixture of crocodile dung and honey placed in the vagina in the hopes of preventing pregnancy. um, yea, don’t try that at home.
Want more Fast Facts? Click here for an entire Sex Ed semester’s worth of info.
And share your random facts below!