Well um, this is kind of embarrassing to tell and ask but I’ve got saggy boobs. I think it’s because I’m a large girl and that’s why my boobs are so heavy. Will my boobs become more “lifted” when I lose weight? Is there anything to do to “lift” them up again, apart from plastic surgery?
Breast skin often has more trouble than other areas shrinking back once it has been stretched. So you might try a skin toning lotion, because there is some evidence that breast skin that is well taken care of may spring back more reliably (although very gradually). Because breasts are not just skin but also ligaments and other tissue that can be stretched, I also recommend wearing a very supportive bra.
You probably should keep in mind, however, that a lot of this is simply not within your control. Sometimes the way breasts sag has as much to do with hormones, heredity and other factors as it does weight. Even exercising can be frustrating if you’re hoping to reverse sagging. Exercising the underlying pectoral muscles through pushups, weight-lifting or other routines can offer overall strength and toning but rarely lifts breasts.
With breasts, it’s pretty much what you see is what you get… Unless you’re willing to consider surgery (an option you would want to wait on in any case, and one that usually means scarring, not to mention being expensive), it may be a good idea to work on accepting, even appreciating, your breasts as they are.
send in your questions for heather to email@example.com. oh, and have you ever felt self-conscious about your boobs? how did you handle it?
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!