One of my friends is driving me insane. She hates all my other friends but has all these other friends… who she always goes out with and never invites me. She embarrasses me in front of other people to make herself look better (this doesn’t really bother me, though, so I just laugh it off) and she lies horribly. Also, I gave up some of my other friends to be friends with her–not completely, but I don’t see them as much. Now they’re leaving me out of stuff too, so I’m feeling a bit lonely. I don’t want to lose her as a friend. No one is perfect and I’m sure she doesn’t mean to hurt my feelings.
In fact, you sound way too nice to put up with a gURL like that. She doesn’t really deserve you. She lies, she’s embarrassing, and she picks on you. She doesn’t have many redeeming qualities, you know?
You mention that you have some other friends, so focus some attention on them. They probably aren’t including you as often because they don’t really like this other friend of yours. There’s no need for a dramatic BFF-breakup or anything, but start hanging out with other friends more — and this particular friend less.
send in your questions for heather to firstname.lastname@example.org. oh, and have you ever had a long distance boyfriend? how did you handle it?
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!