Apparently, you aren’t the only one thinking about what you should do with the hair down there. Researchers at Indiana University are, too. In fact, they just concluded a study that attempted to “assess pubic hair removal behavior among women in the United States and to examine the extent to which pubic hair removal methods are related to demographic, relational, and sexual characteristics, including female sexual function.” Awesome!
So, what’d they find? Well, there seems to not be any one dominant characteristic or way! While younger gURLs were more likely to remove all hair, most women do keep some of their pubes on. Lead researcher DebbyHerbeneck, PhD, noted:
“Women’s total removal of their pubic hair was linked with younger age, sexual orientation (bisexual women were more likely to remove all of their pubic hair), having a sexual partner, having had cunnilingus in the past month and higher scores on female genital self-image and sexual function.”
What do you do with your pubic hair? Make sure you get all the facts on your hair down there before you pick up that razor or head in for a waxing!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!