Happy National Coming Out Day! One gURL talks about how she told her mother, a Type-A perfectionist and former prom queen, that she was a tattered-boot-wearing, jean-slumming lesbian. [Lemondrop]
It turns out a little gossip might be good for the soul… or for friendships, more specifically. The catch? The gossip has to be positive. [TresSugar]
College-educated women are now just as likely to get marry as women who don’t pursue higher education. Great, although it’s hard to be excited about something that should be a given — not newsworthy. [Glamour]
From Glee to Gossip Girl, check out the best fictional BFFs. What we wouldn’t give for a bestie like Phoebe Buffay… [CollegeCandy]
A first-hand account of what’s it’s like to sleep with a first-timer. [YourTango]
So, what do guys really think about Cosmopolitan’s crazy sex tips? Here’s a peek: “Honestly, hearing a turkey baster combined with sex just reminds me of in vitro.” Okay, then. [HerCampus]
And speaking of Cosmo, you might be surprised to hear that dieting is the worst thing you can do for your boobs. On that note, have another cookie. [Cosmopolitan]
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!