It almost seems as if Disney stars are contractually taking purity pledges. We’re not the only ones taking note that many of them have opted to publicly speak out about abstinence and even wear “purity rings.” At 18, Selena Gomez is pretty serious about keeping her purity pledge to wait until marriage to engage in intercourse. But others are going back on their word. Most recently? Joe Jonas, who made the pledge to keep his virginity but has recently lost the ring.
Obviously, it’s not our business to discuss whether or not he’s actually getting it done with Ashley Greene, but what we do want to note is that he’s obviously reconsidered his purity pledge. And you know what? That’s not a bad thing. A lot of gURLs and guys do.
In the vid below, I answer a question from Kelly who took a pledge years ago but is now rethinking it. Here’s my advice for her, and Joe:
How do you feel about abstinence pledges? Have you worn a purity ring? Do you still? When did it come off?
Share your thoughts below and don’t forget to email me with your questions at email@example.com!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!