discuss: can sleeping on my stomach flatten my breasts?

Question: Can sleeping on my stomach flatten my breasts? My mom says it does. I’m not sure if she’s right, but I do sleep on my stomach. I really love my boobs, but I have a strange feeling they are becoming flatter and flatter…

Help a fellow gURL user out. Tell her what you think by leaving a comment below.

Got your own question for the gURLs? Send an email to feedback@gurl.com with the subject line: Question: sex ed blog.

Photo provided by geekgirly

Posted in: Advice Gurl, Discuss, Health, Sex & Relationships
Tags:

1. avatarS my D 69 says:

I think mine got flatter because i use to be a 36 B and now im a 36A :( and its sad cause im 16 and all the girls in my school have big titts and i aint have shit but im alwasy sleeping in my tummy. :,(

666

2. avatarannaloveselliot says:

I understand how you would think that, but it's not true. Breasts are mostly fat. The larger the breasts the more fat in the rest of the body. For flat chested girls, they are flat becuase they are probably athletic and don't have much body fat.
    Anywho where was I? Oh yeah, fat is not going to form into a flatter substance just becuase you are putting pressure on it. It is a liquid, so that is like saying that sitting on a water bottle will make the water IN the bottle flatter, or change it some how. Just don't worry. Sleeping on your stomach will in NO way effect the shape or size of your breasts.
    Good luck!

3. avatarlita says:

No its not true at all the only position i can sleep on is on my stomach i am only 14 and ima 48D it may hurt some girl with large breast beacuase yu have some big mellos on yur chest lol but no it's not true the only things that can maybe flatten yur breast are really tight sport bra's and steroids but i dont recomend that but its actually verry comftorable :)

4. This isnt true because im 13 and im a 38C and i sleep on my belly and nothing happens. =]

5. avatarsaphron says:

all i have 2 say is i dont think that is true b-cuz im 13 and im a 28e and i sleep on my belly lyk a baby and im not gettin flatter i think b-cuz ur mum sed ur boobs dont if u sleep on ur belly ur starting 2 think that they r getting flatter but there not so dont worry ur gonna be fine!!!!!!! hope dis helps!!!!!.xx

• avatarCammie says:

@Saphron,

That’s impossible to have 28E breasts at 13, unless you started puberty at like 5. Please, if you’re going to lie, be realistic.

• avatarary says:

I know 13 year old with really large breasts. So anything can be realistic when it comes to puberty. So leave her tf alone.

6. avatarZoë says:

this is not true at all. i only sleep on my stomach and i'm a 32D! the size of your breasts doesn't have anything to do with that.

7. avatarkrishay says:

i dont think thats true cuz iamma 36b i sleep om my stomach all the tyme nd my breast not getting kno smaller

8. avatartyanna says:

I am 12 and I wear a 34b honey but i dont think im getting smaller i sleep on my side though but still.plus my nipples are huge and sometimes i lay on them and they keep getting bigger wat the hell is going on

• avatarjessica says:

Laying on your side increases boob sag because the ligaments are being pulled on. Its best to sleep on your back. All nipple sizes are differnet a d you’re young and they change.

9. avatarKatelinn says:

my best friend is flat chested and has the theory that ur boobs will get saggy if u sleep on ur stomache without a bra on because of "gravity" =] appearantly shes retarded =] and ur boobs wont get smaller if u sleep on ur tummy =]

10. avatarJasmine says:

That's like saying your butt will go flat if you sit on it too much. All thats happening is your boobs are being pressed more tightly against your chest, but their not ACTUALLY going to flatten.

11. lol of course they won't go flat. I've been sleeping on my tummy my whole life. I've got boobs since I was eight (weird, I know) & I'm 17 now. I wear a 34C & they're still as round as ever lol

12. avatartag ur it says:

my friend is flat chested and blames it on sleeping on her tummy
    but she also says that you wont get fat if you lay on your tummy after a meal
    i'm testing that theory

13. avatarbubbles says:

uh…i dont think thats possible unless you lie on your stomach every night for years and years and years. if you have only been doing that for a few weeks or months, i dont think that its really going to affect you. i used to think that i had scoliosis cause i slouch so much, but a doctor checked me and said i was fine. your just imagining that your getting flatter.